- Canvas toolbar: When selecting media layers in the canvas, you'll now see our new canvas toolbar. It provides quick access to a redesigned and improved crop mode, as well as a convenient way to replace the media layer.
- Quickly duplicate a layer: You can now duplicate a layer quickly with Cmd-D/Ctrl-D, or by holding Option/Alt and dragging it.
- Drawer rearrangement: We've improved the design to make it clearer that you can rearrange and pin drawers, such as the Media Library and Template Gallery, to suit your ideal workflow.
- Media Library layout: We’ve updated the layout of the Media Library to provide more horizontal space and improve visibility when previewing your files.
- Big projects load quicker: We've significantly improved the loading times for large projects. After the initial load on this version, subsequent loads should open much faster.
- 4K video publishing: Pro and Enterprise drive members can now publish any composition or Quick Recording to the cloud in 4K resolution, as long as the original composition or recording is at least 4K.
- Auto-published Quick Recordings: Quick Recordings are now automatically published when you finish recording, so they're ready to be shared sooner. If you intend to use your recordings in a project (not intended to be shared), you should use the recorder inside of a project.
Publish modal updates:
- We now make the first frame of your video the default thumbnail.
- You can easily change your video thumbnail to any frame from your video.
- Updated the icons for buttons to open the share page and unpublish the video.
- You can now download your published video directly from the Editor in the Publish modal – it’s very fast and high quality.
Quality of life improvements:
- You can now specify the tracks in a sequence to include in the combined script. To do this, go to the top-right of the properties panel and select either Remove from ScriptorInclude in Script. Removing tracks from the script can help resolve issues with transcript corrections not being applied, as they can be caused by conflicting tracks.
- Text layers can now be assigned different color properties, such as fill, border, and background, for different scenes.
- If you experience an issue with your recorder, we'll link you to our troubleshooting page in the Help Center.
- Training projects for AI voices (Overdub) are now in the new Descript design style.
- If you apply and are approved for a Descript educational organization plan, you will now see a dropdown option for EDU/NFP on your subscription management page